This privacy notice for SBIT Training Sdn Bhd ("SBIT Training Academy," "we," "us," or "our") describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and share ("process") your information when you use our services such as when you:
• Visit our website at https://www.sbit.edu.my or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice
• Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
Questions or concerns? Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you disagree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services. If you still have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us. We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us.
Personal Information Provided by You. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information may include name, phone numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, contact preferences, contact or authentication data, billing addresses, debit/credit card numbers and job titles.
We do not process sensitive information. All personal information you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information - such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser and device characteristics - is auto collected when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information). However may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical details. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
The information we collect includes:
• Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data are service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when accessing or using our Services and record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, settings and information about your activity in the Services. (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called "crashdumps"), and hardware settings).
• Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Services. It depends on the device used. This device data may include your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
• Location Data. We collect location data, such as information about your device's location, which can be precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt-out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt-out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
To enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you and update our records. We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, and other third parties. This information includes mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behaviour data), Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, social media profiles, social media URLs, and custom profiles for targeted advertising and event promotion.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you for security and fraud prevention, and comply with the law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
• To deliver and facilitate the delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
• To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your queries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
• To send administrative information to you. For example, we may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
• To request feedback. We may process your information when necessary to request feedback and contact you about your use of our Services.
• To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may process the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes if this follows your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time. For more information, see "WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?" below).
• To deliver targeted advertising to you. For example, we may process your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising tailored to your interests, location, etc.
• To protect our Services. We may process your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure, including fraud monitoring and prevention.
• To evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing, and your experience. For example, we may process your information when we believe it is necessary to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing, and your experience.
• To identify usage trends. We may process information about how you use our Services to understand better how they are being used so we can improve them.
• To determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns. We may process your information to understand better how to provide marketing and promotional campaigns that are most relevant to you.
• To comply with our legal obligations. We may process your information to comply with our legal obligations, respond to lawful requests, and exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights.
3. WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In Short: We may share information in specific situations described in this section and with the following categories of third parties.
Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with the service providers ("third parties") who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. The categories of third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
• Data Analytics Services
• Payment Processors
We also may need to share your personal information in the following situations:
• Business Transfers. We may transfer your information in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or even acquisition of our business to another company.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We will keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless a more extended retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will need us to keep your personal information for longer than two years.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such data or, if this is not possible (for example, because your data is stored in backup archives). We will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
5. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. Despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. Therefore, you should only access the Services within a secure environment.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account.
Withdrawing your consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express and implied consent depending on the applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal. Instead, when applicable law allows, will it affect the processing of your personal information based on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Opting out of marketing and promotional communications: You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications by replying "STOP" or "UNSUBSCRIBE" to the WhatsApp messages. Therefore, we will remove you from the marketing lists. However, we may still communicate with you, for example, to send you service-related announcements necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a "Do-Not-Track (DNT)" feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. However, at this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. Therefore, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practise in a revised version of this privacy notice.
8. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated "Revised" date, and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. In addition, if we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. Therefore, we encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
9. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
SBIT Training Sdn Bhd
18A, Jalan 20/16A,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor 46300
10. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.